Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Happy Morning, Ma'am Reyna, A Happy Face at the Airport, and the Lesson to be Learned from 'fessing up

Photo taken here.

Today's one of those days when I woke with a smile on my face. Even if it's at 6:30am without having my dose of coffee. I took my time getting up. Without my sister beckoning on me to get my ass moving so that she won't be late and with the car at my disposal, I was in control. And I liked it. I turned on the TV, watched some music videos, and then got a move on at 7am, prepared a sandwich to much on in the car, left the house at 7:30am, and arrived in the office at 8:30am. Nevermind that it was a bit traffic in EDSA.

*  *  *

I emailed Ma'am Reyna this morning. She is one of vice presidents of the company I first worked in that I was lucky to've been pretty well-acquianted with. What with all the projects we worked on together! Collaterals like flyiers, tarpaulines, posters, emailers, ads... the list goes on I tell you. With the immense coverage of her job description, Ma'am Reyna was practically involved in all projects! Seriously, it was crazy and at almost 60, she is pert as a happy bee. She jumps when she's excited, raises her voice when she's passionate (by passionate, I mean either angry or happy), and runs about the office to chase the door before it closes. God I miss her.

Photo taken here.

She replied that she's doing well, and that she can't attend Adam Lambert's coming concert, that's she's resigned to just watching tv and not going to concerts like she used to. She's a fan of Glambert you know, of American Idol actually. Lambert was her bet, and at that time, she insisted that he's straight and I remember emailing her photos of Adam in drag. I liked Kris Allen better than him then. Now, after both have released solo albums, I'm a Glambert fanboy. In fact I'm considerin going to his concert. Hmm... Back to Ma'am Reyna, I will never forget her story on how she wore this leather jacket which she waved in the air as Mig Ayesa performed. I think that was the ad congress or some event in Subic. Though I didn't see her in action, the idea of her waving her leather jacket in the air while woohoo-ing is very believable and easy to imagine.

*  *  *

My sister's leaving this Saturday morning with my Mom. I have decided not to cry. I will be the one smiling face she will see seeing her off. While everyone will indulge in the feeling of missing her, I will lathe her with the excitement of a new adventure. I will not cry.

*  *  *

Sometimes you just want to do something crazy in your life, the one you've never really attempted to rumple like a bedsheet. And you think that calling a certain someone to say, "You know what? You and I make sense together. Why don't we go out again?" At the risk of sounding like a fool, at the risk of being coldly rejected, at the risk of never seeing this person again. But then again, have I not done this before? And I wonder, what should've been my learning from that experience? Never do it again, or that do it again if only to keep proving that cliche that the truth will set you free? And it did set me free, telling the truth to the person. Does this mean that the latter is the better choice then? I can't decide.

Photo taken here.

No comments:

Post a Comment