Friday, August 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy!

My Dad resembles Christopher de Leon | Photo taken here.



On my Dad's birthday, my siblings and I granted my Mom's request to serve in mass. You see, my folks lead a community of Christian couples and serve mass every Thursdays. As fate would have it, my Dad's birthday fell on a Thursday and thus, my Mom's request. We obliged, of course.

I was the lector. My sister read the First Reading; my bro, the Responsorial Psalm; and Mom and Dad, the Prayers of the Faithful. I felt like we were the Von Trapp family minus the singing, of course.

The simple things make my parents happy these days—conversations over meals, long drives, overnight trips, movie getaways, skype with my sister. Family activities that seem so elusive these days with our crazy schedules in the office or in school.

For the longest time, my folks have been suggesting that my siblings and I help them serve in mass just like our cousins do in Guam. And for the first time, though incomplete (dear Madrid, you're damn lucky to be with my beautiful sister), we finally did it. Never mind that I felt out of place, what mattered to me was the joy I gave to my parents, especially on my Dad's birthday.

Love you Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment